Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Starved To Death



Four years ago this week.

Mind you, not taken off a ventilator, not relieved from the perils of a terminal disease, nor liberated from the oppression of death-inducing brain damage.

Just starved.

Nation, take note. Oregon insurance companies have already instituted policies in which those dying of "whatever" are allocated moneys to purchase death medicine, but not funds to buy life-sustaining drugs through the waning hours of there sojourn here on Earth. Of course, the last thing a dying person needs is more time...

And bear in mind, Our Current President's greatest regret as a lawmaker involved the above situation, specifically as regarded his life-sustaining vote in that matter:
"I think that was a mistake, and I think the American people understood that that was a mistake. And as a constitutional law professor, I knew better..."
Reminds me of a similar situation with the previous administration:
In the week before [Karla Faye Tucker's] execution, Bush says, Bianca Jagger and a number of other protesters came to Austin to demand clemency for Tucker. "Did you meet with any of them?" I ask.

Bush whips around and stares at me. "No, I didn't meet with any of them," he snaps, as though I've just asked the dumbest, most offensive question ever posed. "I didn't meet with Larry King either when he came down for it. I watched his interview with [Tucker], though. He asked her real difficult questions, like 'What would you say to Governor Bush?' "

"What was her answer?" I wonder.

"Please," Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, "don't kill me."
Kill the murderer.

Kill the invalid.

Kill the unborn.

Kill the pre-born with eugenic defects.

Kill everything in sight.

Then, and only then, the economy will right itself.

Thank God for pragmatism.

No comments:

Post a Comment