Monday, February 4, 2008

Having Been Memed...



The ever-pithy Will Cubbedge has memed me with a mighty meme. The rules, should I choose to obey them, are as follows:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

While this feels a little like a chain letter, and makes me want to mock it and all those who participate in it, it also feels like a chain letter in the sense that I secretly want to read it and participate in it as soon as all the people I was mocking it in front of go away. That being said, being at work at the precise moment of my meming, the closest text to me was a review copy of Dr. Kevin Vost's Memorize the Faith, which offers the following mnemonic device advice:
The pronunciation of charity, for example, made me think of "chair with tea," as we saw with chapter 5 on the seven virtues. Now it occurs to me that "cherry tea," or perhaps, for a golfer, a "cherry tee," would be other possibilities. Does charity call to your mind any other concrete images?
As a matter of fact, Dr. Vost, it does. I'm reminded that the latin word for charity is caritas, which also just happens to be the name of the bar owned by Krevlornswath (A.K.A. "Lorne") of the Deathwok Clan in the Angel TV series. So if you're wondering, the concrete image in my mind when the word "charity" comes up is a green effeminate demon in a lounge suit that reads your thoughts while you sing karaoke.

I hereby meme: Jimmy, Dustin, Fr. Kyle, Fr. Rob, and the crazies at Colbertcatholic.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment