Thursday, March 5, 2009

Saints In The News



For yours truly, one of the most amusing things about giving cities, hospitals, and schools a Catholic patronage are the anthropomorphic images that are conjured in my mind whenever these institutions make the news. I like to picture in my head that the saint, rather than the institution, is the party committing the particular act. As such, I plan to begin a new regular feature on this blog, highlighting some of the headlines I come across that are of particular amusement to me. For this installment, we have quite the glut of "saint news" fodder:

White Pigeon Falls Behind Early, Can’t Catch Up To St. Philip
Dude. It's a dove. And He's got incredible closing speed.

Snowboard Company Says St. Paul Trespassing Was Unintentional
If it's the St. Paul I know, I'm pretty sure it WAS intentional.

Holy Spirit Uses Depth To Win Swim Title
Unfair advantage- He was hovering over the waters.

Sacred Heart Has Fingers Crossed
Paging the mixed metaphor police...

Bishop Rolls Over Aquinas
That's quite the bump in the road there...

St Anthony Participates In Relay For Life Event
Did he place?

St. Augustine Swims To Third Crown In A Row
Hence the connection with Hippo.

St John Considers Extending Waste Contract
Patmos must have lousy plumbing.

St Rita Plans Mardi Gras Parade To Be Remembered
Rosary beads will fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment